December was a pretty cool month for me here on WordPress as I was nominated for three blog awards! While I really enjoy the work that goes into creating recipes, cooking, photographing and writing for my blog, it’s also gratifying to know there are people out there who appreciate the fruits of my endeavours! I posted about my nomination for the Beautiful Blogger Award here and the Liebster Award here. The third award I was nominated for is the Sunshine Award – an award given to those who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere” – which I’m finally getting around to accepting in this post! The nomination came from Urbanfoodlover, a fantastic culinary blog with lots of tasty, mostly vegetarian recipes from the writer’s home kitchen in Singapore. Thank you for the nomination, Urbanfoodlover! Do make a point of checking out her blog if you haven’t already 🙂
Here are the guidelines for the Sunshine Award:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back
- Copy and paste the award icon on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions listed below
- Nominate up to 10 blogs for the award, link to their blog in your post, and notify them on their blog
The 10 questions:
- Who is your favorite philosopher? I have little recollection of the classic philosophers I learned about in university, so I’ll go with someone more current: Eckhart Tolle
- What is your favorite number? 9
- What is your favorite animal? Wolves and sharks
- What are your Facebook and Twitter? My blog’s Facebook page is here and my Twitter page is here
- What is your favorite time of the day? Wine-o-clock 😉
- What was your favorite vacation? London, England
- What is your favorite physical activity? Dancing
- What is your non-alcoholic drink? Black coffee
- What is your favorite flower? Tulips and gerbera daisies
- What is your passion? Food, cooking, and raising my little boy
And finally, here are my nominees for the Sunshine Award:
- Becca’s Green Kitchen – A great resources for healthy, vegetarian recipes. Becca is vegetarian for ethical and environmental reasons and expresses this through her cooking.
- Blissful Britt – A fun-to-read healthy-living blog written by a once vegetarian, now vegan. Britt like to run and eat and is very funny on top of it all.
- The Hungry Mum – A Sydney-based writer and mum with a real knack for churning out spectacular baked goods. If you have an unabashed sweet tooth like me, you’ll love this blog.
- Kitchenalia – A catalogue of endeavours in the kitchen – some successful, others not so much – all described very wittily. The writer’s blog also contains Chicago-area restaurant reviews and well as kitchen gadget and book reviews.
- Live Blissful – Another great blog out of Australia! Look here for an impressive cross-section of delicious vegan recipes.
- The Pancake Princess – This blog is truly where it’s at for knock-your-socks-off pancake recipes and other sweet delicacies! Erika is a great writer and photographer to boot – check out her blog and be prepared to drool hard.
- Savor the Food – Chef Randall is passionate about cooking and baking and this really comes through in his recipes. His blog also contains a useful inventory of basic cooking tips.
- Small Kitchen Chronicles – I love this blog because like me, Christina does all her cooking in a very small space! The recipes she posts are amazing, and there’s even a cool section on essential items that every small kitchen should be stocked with. Definitely worth a look!
- Sophie’s Foodie Files – Sophie lives in Brussels, Belgium and has created a very impressive catalogue of recipes, all of which are indexed by ingredient and clearly labelled according to whether they’re vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and/or dairy free!
- Spontaneous Tomato – Allison is a fantastic cook and is knowledgable about a number of ethnic cuisines. I always learn something when I visit her blog, and grow instantly hungry whenever I lay eyes on her beautifully photographed dishes!
Congratulations, everyone! Keep up the great blogging 🙂 And thanks again to Urbanfoodlover for the nomination!