A few weeks back the person (or possibly persons) behind the blog Crew Cuisine kindly nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award! This is the first award I’ve received since I started this blog four months ago and the recognition is much appreciated 🙂 Crew Cuisine is an enigmatic entity! It isn’t a recipe blog per se, but rather a catalogue of home cooked dishes and cooking projects, all of which are described using humorous double entendres and a clever writing style I can’t accurately characterize as I didn’t get far in post-secondary English. I particularly enjoy their posts which feature Southwestern dishes (their tamales were a recent favourite) as this is a cooking style I know little about. Their ongoing quest to bake the perfect loaf of sourdough bread also makes for an interesting read. I definitely recommend checking out their blog!
The rules for the Beautiful Blogger Award are as follows:
Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post;
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog;
State 7 things about yourself;
Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know
Without further ado, here are 7 vaguely interesting things about me:
- I hardly watch any television but love listening to the radio – especially CBC Radio 1
- I was indifferent about having kids until I actually had one last year. Now I can’t get enough of the little sucker… he’s the best 🙂
- I could happily subsist on a diet of black coffee, baked goods and candy (particularly liquorice allsorts), but know better of it
- At 34 I’ve finally embraced the fact that I’m an introvert and a homebody and that this isn’t going to change 🙂
- I have a Masters degree in Criminology but have yet to put it to any real use (sorry, mum and dad)
- I’ve never learned how to drive and don’t particularly want to, although I know I have to at some point soon
- My favourite music is 80s new wave – I will never tire of Depeche Mode, nor Simple Minds nor Echo and the Bunnymen!
Phew! That was like squeezing blood from a stone. Now let’s get to the good stuff. It was hard whittling it down, but here are the 7 blogs I nominate for the Beautiful Blogger Award!
I fully realize there are lots of blog awards floating around the Internet and that these nominees might not have the time nor the inclination to respond to this one. So if they choose they can simply take this nomination as a reflection of the fact I enjoy reading their blog, and also as encouragement to keep up the awesome work 🙂
- Emmy Cooks. I wish it were possible to hire this woman as my personal chef, but I realize she’s already busy enough tending to her flock of children (and chickens?). Her blog is an impressive collection of healthy, flavourful and (mostly) vegetarian recipes, and I highly recommend you check it out.
- GEKIUMA. A prolific blogger with an enviable knowledge of Asian cooking methods, amongst other things. Reading Cam’s posts always makes me feel like I’m learning something new. And she’s funny, too.
- GiRRL_Earth. An eclectic blog with a focus on animal rights and environmental awareness, GiRRL_Earth’s posts serve as a reminder as to why I should go back to being vegan. Her blog also contains some easily-achievable tips for reducing one’s carbon footprint.
- Love & Green Juice. Fantastic vegan recipes created by a Canadian living in Qatar. Larissa is very knowledgable about nutrition and places a lot of importance on the connection between the foods we eat and our overall wellbeing. Plus she embraces the concept of eating lentils for breakfast… which is awesome.
- Made of Stars. Ally is a great writer and makes a convincing case for becoming vegan for ethical reasons. Her blog also showcases a variety of delicious and flavourful vegan recipes. Plus she’s raising her 4 kids as vegans – an admirable feat!
- Veggie Bento Love. Check out this blog for great ideas on how to put together meatless bento box lunches. To think of all the slices of greasy buck-a-slice pizza I ate on my lunch hours, when all along I could have been bringing nutritious bento lunches with me. Sigh!
- V-Spot. A fellow Canadian vegetarian blogger, Amy’s recipes are nicely photographed and easy to follow. She’s passionate about dog rescue, and a girl after my own heart, her blog also features an extensive wine review section!
Congrats to the above bloggers and thanks again to Crew Cuisine for the BBA nomination! Maybe one day I’ll work up the gusto to attempt a tamale here in the kitchenette of the Gypsy Roller. In the meantime I look forward to reading more of your posts 🙂