- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon or so of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cucumber, skin and seeds removed and diced small
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced small
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced small
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place lime juice and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add cucumber, strawberries, cilantro, jalapeno and shallot to bowl and gently toss until everything is combined.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator until needed.
Prepare Baked Polenta Wedges
- Lightly grease an 8×8 pan with olive oil and set aside.
- Place almond milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Whisk in cornmeal then switch to a spoon as mixture thickens. Stir until liquid is fully absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in margarine and nutritional yeast (or parmesan), and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Immediately transfer polenta to prepared pan and smooth top with a wet spatula.
- Place in refrigerator for 45 minutes, or until firm.
- While polenta is in fridge lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Once polenta is firm, remove from fridge and preheat oven to 375F.
- Flip polenta onto a cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Transfer polenta wedges onto prepared baking sheet and brush tops with a bit of olive oil.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes or until tops are crispy and golden brown.
- Transfer polenta wedges to serving plates and top each portion with a few scoops of salsa. Eat!
You might also like:
- White Bean and Leek Stew with Fresh Herbs | Served on Creamy Polenta
- Avocado and Mango Salad Sandwich | With Sauteed Baby Arugula