Yippee! Amanda, the woman behind the blog In Real Life, has nominated me for the Inspiring Blog Award! It’s very flattering to receive this acknowledgement from a fellow blogger – thank you, Amanda! Her blog is beautiful to look at and pertains to some of my favourite topics – fashion, home decor, parenting and of course – food! You should definitely have a look at what she’s been up to. Once again, her blog can be found here.
Awards are cool because they provide an opportunity to reveal a bit more about yourself to your readers (well, in point form at least), and in turn – by passing on the award – draw your readers’ attention to some of your favourite blogs. Here are the guidelines for accepting the award (taken directly from Amanda’s blog):
1. Display the award image on your blog page.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Notify your bloggers of their nomination and link to their posts.
Here are 7 facts about myself (I really had to wrack my brain this time):
- I’m an extremely light sleeper.
- I air dry ALL of my clothes, socks included.
- I’m a mute in the morning until I’ve had a large cup of coffee and read at least a few pages of a book.
- I can’t stand Febreeze, plug-in ‘air fresheners’ or scented laundry detergent.
- My favourite part of grocery shopping is paying a visit to the bulk aisle for candy.
- I’m continually amazed by babies’ talent for mess and destruction.
- I can easily spend hours combing through the racks and shelves at thrift stores – it’s relaxing and I always find amazing stuff.
And now on to the fun part. Here are my nominees for the Inspiring Blog Award (I’ve tried to pick blogs I’ve yet to nominate for an award – for variety’s sake!):
- A Beautiful Day – For her beautiful food and fashion photography.
- A Lot On Your Plate – For her great home organization ideas.
- Arohanui – For her commitment to raising her kids vegan.
- Bento Days – For her amazingly creative bento boxes.
- Blueberries and Oats – For her very engaging daily food journal.
- Chic Little Poor Girl – For her fantastic style ideas.
- The Crafty Cook Nook – For her tasty recipes and great writing.
- Diet Coke Babies – For his very thorough junk food reviews.
- Live Blissful – For her extensive catalogue of delicious vegan recipes.
- One Small Vegan – A vegan on the same side of the bridge as me! Awesome.
- The Savvy Sister – For increasing awareness of the relationship between our overall health and the foods we eat.
- Table of Colours – For her delicious recipes, lovely photography and story telling style.
- Vini Cooks Veg – For her expertise in Indian cooking.
- Willow and Bee – For her fresh recipe ideas and pretty jewelry designs.
- Windy Kitchen – For her diverse selection of sweet and savoury recipes.
I hope everyone takes a few moments to check out my nominees! And thanks again to Amanda for nominating me for the award 🙂